Monday, May 9, 2011

Media Monday: Episode 2



What I'm listening to:
  •      Jack's Mannequin. Find them HERE! I am really diggin this guy! Yes yes, I just discovered him several months ago, for all of you out there who are thinking that they're old news. Andrew McMahon is the piano-playing songwriter for this rock group. I just love rock bands that are driven by the piano (Ben Folds, etc). Some say that they are similar to The Rocket Summer, Jimmy Eat World, and The Fray, and influenced by The Beatles, Billy Joel, Elton John and Ben Folds. By the way, if you enjoy Jack's Mannequin, they have some tour dates in CA coming up this month and midway through June, so get on those tickets quick! I wish I could go! Check out the video of their break out hit from several years ago!


What I'm watching:
  • Previews for new movies coming out! I'm not a big TV watcher anymore, and even when I was, the DVR has revolutionized everyone's TV watching; no one watches commercials anymore. Therefore, I don't catch previews on TV, I have to watch them online, otherwise I don't see them. And that's usually what happens. Movies come out, and I have no clue what any of them are about. I have to rely on my husband and movie friend S. Anywho, some previews I've watched recently are (please note that I am not endorsing any of these films, I'm just saying I saw the previews): Water for Elephants, Something Borrowed (Good book, as well as the sequel), The Help (Can't wait for this one to come out!), Crazy Stupid Love, Arthur, I am Number Four, Melancholia, and All Good Things. 

What I stumbled upon:
  • Here is a great idea for parents with creative kids, or even for creative adults, interested in preserving their artwork!                                                                                                                                           
  • If you're feeling brave, try this out! I love the idea of picking an unexpected color and making a change!
  • Not really a fan of banana type recipes, other than just eating a banana plain, but this recipe actually sounds marvelous; maybe it's the nutella! Try it and let me know how it goes!
  • Have some free time this weekend? Try this great DIY project that doesn't take much time!
  • How adorable is this?
  • Here's a funny for ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...