Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 30

     Wow!
     Yesterday was 30 weeks!
     I can't believe I've come this far.
     I remember when we first found out I was pregnant... every day I just thought about how LONG I would be pregnant for and how far off birth seemed... and now, the weeks are going by so quickly, and it's getting closer with every day, and Abigail's going to be here before I even know it!

Speaking of being here before we know it:
     G's cousin, J, went into labor Friday night and had her precious little baby boy yesterday morning! The umbilical cord was wrapped around baby Andrew's neck once she gave birth and he was immediately taken to the NICU. Four hours later, J was finally able to hold him. Pray for them as they await results for the tests to make sure that baby Andrew is okay. He is just the cutest little baby boy!

This week: 
     I'm still getting heartburn, but it's not as intense as it once was.
     My ankles have decided to stay swelled I think. Bummer. I'm trying to guzzle more water, but to no avail.
     My belly is a little bigger I think, more people comment on it every time I go out.
     I'm getting up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night several times a week, which some might think is not that much (shouldn't I be going several times a night?!), but I NEVER got up to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night before. Never! I would make my bladder suffer until it was time to get up in the morning. I would rather be in agony throughout the night and toss and turn than get up and relieve myself. It is impossible for me to go back to sleep once I get up and walk around for a bit. So the fact that I'm actually getting up now to go is a big deal!
     I'm still wearing normal tops, I find that I have many shirts that are quite long and still are working just great. However, I am in maternity pants every day now.
     I have a doctor's appt. this Thursday, so I'll get to hear Abigail's heartbeat again!

Progress:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...